Cherry Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
1 pint sweet cherries, pitted and quartered (ours were frozen)
1/3 c honey
1 T vanilla extract
2.5 cups yogurt
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the cherries, honey, and vanilla extract. Bring to a boil and simmer until cherries release juice and are soft.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- While the cherries are cooling, prepare ice cream maker.
- When cool, combine yogurt and cherries.
- Freeze according to ice cream maker instructions.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can make it in a ziplock bag. It’s a bit more work, but more fun as well! If you try this method, make sure to refrigerate your cherry mixture so it’s really cold before mixing it.
This post is part of the Probiotic Food Challenge on Real Food Forager.