My favorite part was the tzatziki sauce over that spicy beef or lamb. While I can’t have the bread any more, I can still have the flavors! I like to eat this as a salad, but you can blend it up or chop your cucumbers much smaller to use it as a sauce.
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 cups yogurt
- 2 Tbsp dried dill
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Chop up your cucumbers into slices 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick, then quarter the slices into wedges.
- Crush dill and garlic, and combine with cucumbers and salt. Mix well.
- Pour yogurt over the cucumber mixture and combine. Let set in the refrigerator a few hours so the flavors will meld together. It may separate a little bit, just stir to recombine.
- You may chop your cucumber much smaller, or process all the ingredients together in a food processor.
- Add up to a tablespoon of lemon juice and olive oil.