Marinating lamb is lovely, but sometimes you just want to eat NOW! The prep for this is under 5 minutes, and cook time is less than 10 – it doesn’t get any quicker or easier than this. If you pick a fast (or make-ahead) side dish, you can have dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes, start to finish.
I like this method for another reason, too… I can make mine extra spicy and let the rest of the family have theirs without the heat! Here’s how we do lamb in a hurry:
- 8 Lamb chops
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp melted ghee, tallow, or other saturated fat
- Turn on the broiler
- Press your garlic cloves and rub both sides of all of your lamb chops with the garlic.
- Brush your lamb chops with the melted fat.
- Sprinkle both sides of your lamb chops with the herbs (feel free to substitute other herbs or spices).
- Sprinkle liberally with salt.
- Sprinkle lightly with pepper.
- Put on the broiling pan and broil about 4-5 inches from the heat, 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the desired doneness. We like ours on the rare side.
This post is part of Fat Tuesday.