Garlicky Chicken Soup
Garlicky Chicken Soup with Avocado
Here’s another easy way to do an easy chicken soup, with a completely different flavor and feel from the ginger chicken soup
I posted the other day.
- chicken stock
- chicken reserved from making stock, or leftover from a roasted chicken
- schmaltz (chicken fat) or ghee
- avocado (optional)
- Wash and slice your mushrooms. Wash and cut your cauliflower into spoon sized florets. Peel and chop garlic finely or press it.
- Put schmaltz or ghee in the pot and turn up the heat to medium.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and salt. Cook until the mushrooms are browned. (If you are in the early stages of GAPS, do not brown your mushrooms, just cook them a bit to blend the flavors).
- Add your chicken stock and cauliflower.
- Turn the heat up and bring to a low boil, and simmer until cauliflower is cooked. (If you do not have leftover chicken, add raw chicken to the pot with the cauliflower and simmer until it is cooked through.) Chop up your cooked leftover chicken and add to the pot. When the chicken is heated through, serve. Garnish with avocado slices.
This post is part of Allergy Free Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Simple Lives Thursday, Friday Food Flicks, Sunday Night Soup Night.