Thanks to all of you who participated in GAPS Friendly Fridayslast week!
I decided to create GAPS Friendly Fridays because, well, no one else is doing it and there are a lot of great GAPS, SCD, Paleo, and Real Food bloggers out there with GAPS legal recipes! You don’t have to be on the GAPS diet to participate, but recipes that you post should be GAPS Legal.
If you have an SCD or Paleo recipe, it very well may be GAPS Legal! The short version is that GAPS legal recipes are:
- All real food – no pre-processed ingredients
- Grain-Free (even alternate grains like quinoa and amaranth are excluded)
- Starchy veg free (no potatoes of any kind)
- The only sweeteners used are honey and fruit
- Only use aged cheeses such as parmesan, gouda, or cheddar, not fresh cheeses such as mozzarella
GAPS Recipes often include:
- Fermented foods
- Cultured raw dairy
- Naturally raised meat
Some post ideas are:
- GAPS legal recipes – please indicate the stages of the diet it works for if you know (Intro 1,2,3,4,5,6,Full)
- related book reviews
- related meal planning tips
- your family’s experience of the GAPS protocol
- what has and hasn’t worked for you
- coming off the GAPS diet
Thanks for participating! Please share on facebook, twitter, or wherever else you like!