Thanks to all of you who have participated in the Grateful GAPS Holiday Food Blog Hop so far! Remember to keep posting your best holiday recipes there!
This time I’m featuring this Spicy Pineapple Cranberry Chutney from Melanie at Pickle Me Too. It’s a festive probiotic food you can easily make at home!
What is GAPS FriendlyIf you have an SCD or Paleo recipe, it is most likely GAPS Legal or can very easily be modified to fit into the GAPS diet! The short version is that GAPS legal recipes:
- are all real food
- are grain-free (even alternate grains like quinoa and amaranth are excluded)
- are starchy veg free (no potatoes of any kind)
- are sweetened by honey or fruit
- only use aged cheeses such as parmesan, gouda, or cheddar, not fresh cheeses such as mozzarella or ricotta
- adhere to the Weston A. Price Foundation’s principles.
Share Your Links!
If your recipe includes other ingredients which can be subbed with GAPS legal ingredients, please make a note of that in your recipe. If you’re unsure about a recipe, just ask! We’ll be more than glad to check it out and suggest modifications if needed.
A couple of requests:
- Please link back to this post somewhere in the body of your post.
- Make sure you post a link to your post, not to the front page of your blog.
- Leave a comment saying what you’ve shared!
- By participating, you agree that we may use an image from your post if we decide to featured your post.
There are already loads of delicious recipes there, please check it out!