Thanks to all of you who participated in GAPS Friendly Fridays in past weeks!
There are a lot of great GAPS, SCD, Paleo, and Real Food bloggers out there with GAPS legal recipes! You don’t have to be on the GAPS diet to participate, but recipes that you post should be GAPS Legal.
I’m going to start featuring a shared entry each week!
Last time a recipe that really stood out was the Cauliflower Tortilla Tacos from Gluten Free Happy Tummy. I am *so* excited about these that I can hardly contain myself. I’m just waiting to find some organic cauliflower back in the store and I’m going to be all over this! Look at the beautiful pictures she took, too!
If you have an SCD or Paleo recipe, it is most likely GAPS Legal or can very easily be modified to fit into the GAPS diet! The short version is that GAPS legal recipes are:
- All real food – no pre-processed ingredients
- Grain-Free (even alternate grains like quinoa and amaranth are excluded)
- Starchy veg free (no potatoes of any kind)
- The only sweeteners used are honey and fruit
- Only use aged cheeses such as parmesan, gouda, or cheddar, not fresh cheeses such as mozzarella or ricotta
- Adheres to the Weston A. Price Foundation’s principles.
If you’re unsure about a recipe, go ahead and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask! I’m more than glad to check it out and suggest modifications if needed.
Don’t feel like you have to limit yourself to recipes, though! We also love to see book reviews, cooking tips and strategies, recovery and/or setback stories, etc. Anything you think will help other folks on the GAPS diet is welcome.
A couple of rules:
- Please link back to this post somewhere in the body of your post.
- Make sure you post a link to your post, not to the front page of your blog.
- Leave a comment saying what you’ve shared!
Thanks for participating! Please share on facebook, twitter, or wherever else you like!