Coconut Banana Cupcakes
6 eggs (I used 4 duck eggs and 2 chicken eggs)
4 ripe bananas
1 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup undrained yogurt (full fat coconut milk would make a good substitution)
1/4 cup raw honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup crispy walnuts, hazelnuts, or almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine eggs, bananas, coconut oil, yogurt, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla in food processor until well-blended.
- Add coconut flour and blend in food processor until completely smooth.
- If using nuts, add the nuts and pulse the food processor until they are in small pieces.
- Put cupcake liners in your muffin tin, and fill each one nearly full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for at least 10 minutes before removing. Cool completely.
1/2 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup honey
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk together over medium heat.
- Drop a generous dollop of ganache over each completely cooled cupcake.
Toasted Shredded Coconut Sprinkles
1/4 cup shredded Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Put shredded coconut in single layer on a baking sheet.
- Toast in oven for 5 minutes or until light brown.
- Sprinkle over cupcakes while ganache is still warm.