This soup also makes an easy side dish, and it can be served either hot or cold, making it a good choice for summer soup!
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 1 quart homemade chicken stock
- 3 large carrots, chopped in 1/4 in slices
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely minced, or in slices
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1 tsp turmeric (note: for stage 1 avoid spices)
- Real salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium pot on High.
- Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium high and continue to boil, covered.
- When carrots are very soft, remove large slices of ginger and puree soup with a stick blender. Alternately, transfer to a blender and blend. Salt to taste. You may blend in more stock if you want a thinner consistency.
- Blend in the soft tissues and meat which you reserved when making your stock.
- Stir in red chili paste or red curry paste.
- Add 1 tsp cumin or curry powder.
- Top with avocado.
- Top with homemade yogurt or dairy kefir.