When making any salmon dish, remember to choose wild caught salmon only! You do not want farmed salmon for a number of very good health & environmental reasons!
Almond Crusted Salmon
2/3 cup crispy almonds
homemade ranch dressing
ghee or other fat
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- 9″ x 14″ baking dish with ghee Brush the bottom of a
- Rinse your salmon and pat it dry, then place it on the ghee, skin side down
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper
- Spread the ranch dressing all over the salmon, about 1/4″ thick
- Pulse your almonds in the food processor until they turn to almond meal.
- Sprinkle the almond meal all over the salmon, evenly.
- Bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes. Cover with foil if the almonds are browning too quickly.
- If the almonds haven’t browned by the time the salmon is cooked (it will look a bit puffy, and be flaky when prodded with a fork), broil for a minute or two to finish.
- Garnish with chopped green onion.
This post is part of Sunday School, Weekend Gourmet, Real Food Wednesday, Gluten-Free Wednesday.